Artist /ˈärtist/ (noun)
- A person who produces paintings or drawings as a profession or hobby.
- Synonyms: designer, creator, originator, producer; More old: master “a mural artist”
- A person who practices any of the various creative arts, such as a sculptor, novelist, poet, or filmmaker.
- A person skilled at a particular task or occupation.
“A surgeon who is an artist with the scalpel”
- Synonyms: expert, master, maestro, past master, virtuoso, genius; More informal: pro, ace “the surgeon is an artist with the knife.”
- Antonyms: novice
There are some MUAs out there that really get upset when someone perceived to be a novice appropriates the title of Makeup Artist for themselves. I can understand that; I get upset when just anyone thinks that they can refer to themselves as a singer because, and I mean this, everyone is not a singer and everyone is not a performer. But, in time, you will see that not only do I love my craft, I got this.
I have prevailed upon my friends to both a. be my models, and b. be my shot at fun this month for a photo shoot that I want to have. I am so excited that they consented to let me do their makeup and create a fun experience for all involved. I really wanted a director’s chair so that I didn’t have to bend and stoop to do their makeup and Target came to my rescue! Is this chair not awesome? I am going to have the back of the chair embroidered with my name perhaps. I can’t wait to buy it.
*UPDATE* GARDEN RIDGE came to the rescue and I found THE perfect chair. I call it the smooch seat, so come and book your appointment and have a seat!
I am going to upload some face charts of the looks that I am going to do on my lovely models. It is going to be a great day!